About Us

About Us

About Malmberg:

A Proud Tradition of Excellence

Look at any truck in the Ottawa area and it probably has a part supplied, rebuilt or installed by Malmberg Truck Trailer Equipment Ltd. That’s because Malmberg has been in the automotive business since its doors first opened in 1923.

In the last 85+ years, Malmberg has expanded and grown. The company that was once a single brake service station has become the Ottawa area’s leading specialist in the heavy-duty automotive industry. Today, Malmberg has four specialized divisions and employs nearly 100 people, some of whom have been with Malmberg for over 40 years!

A fully bilingual organization, Malmberg proudly maintains the principles of quality and service that has allowed it to become the largest distributor of parts to customers in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. In fact, some suppliers have been doing business with Malmberg since it first opened in the 1920s.

But, while Malmberg is focused on continuous improvement, some things haven’t changed and never will: its commitment to service.

Quality truck & trailer parts, unparalleled customer service and a dedicated and specialized staff all ensure the Malmberg name continues to be synonymous with excellence.

Malmberg’s Corporate Snapshot

1923 Brake Service Station Ltd. opens on Slater Street.
1950 Malmberg Auto Service opens on Preston Street.
1965 Name changes to Malmberg Truck Trailer Equipment Ltd.
Truck body division opens on Slack Road.
1974 Malmberg moves to larger facility on Michael Street — current home and corporate head office.
1998 Malmberg opens new remanufacturing division — Malmberg Powertrain — on Industrial Road.
2000 Malmberg Powertrain moves to a larger facility on Michael Street.
2004 Malmberg opens new branch in Gatineau QC.